You can view all of the show notes for every episode at http://podcastinit.com?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss
- Date of recording – Apr 21st 2015
- Hosts – Tobias Macey and Chris Patti
- Overview – Interview with members of the Kivy core development team
Interview with Kivy Core Developers
- How did you get introduced to Python?
- How did the Kivy project get started?
- What made you choose Python as the basis for Kivy?
- What were some influences on and inspirations for Kivy’s design?
- One of the amazing things about Kivy is that it’s comparatively simple to learn and get started with. Did this ease of use occur by design or accident?
- What were some of the biggest challenges to designing or implementing Kivy?
- If you could start the project over, what would you do differently?
- What are some of the most interesting things you’ve seen Kivy used for?
- What are some changes/features that you are particularly excited about for the future of Kivy?
- Are there any platforms/operating systems that you are trying to add support for (e.g. Sailfish OS, Ubuntu Phone, Firefox OS)?
- Is there anything in particular that you would like to ask for our listeners to help with?
- Google Summer of Code – If you didn’t get accepted, DO it anyway!
- Start small – documentation fixes
- Fix issues
- Huge backlog – help answering questions
- Maintainers for subprojects – like PyJnius
- Sponsors – Kivy core team looking for new hardware
- Increase unit test coverage
- If you find a bug submit a test case
- Mathieu Virbel
- Akshay Aurora
- Ryan Pessa
- Gabriel Pettier