Do you want to try out some of the tools and applications that you heard about on Podcast.__init__? Do you have a side project that you want to share with the world? With Linode’s managed Kubernetes platform it’s now even easier to get started with the latest in cloud technologies. With the combined power of the leading container orchestrator and the speed and reliability of Linode’s object storage, node balancers, block storage, and dedicated CPU or GPU instances, you’ve got everything you need to scale up. Go to pythonpodcast.com/linode today and get a $60 credit to launch a new cluster, run a server, upload some data, or… And don’t forget to thank them for being a long time supporter of Podcast.__init__!
On Hired software engineers & designers can get 5+ interview requests in a week and each offer has salary and equity upfront. With full time and contract opportunities available, users can view the offers and accept or reject them before talking to any company. Work with over 2,500 companies from startups to large public companies hailing from 12 major tech hubs in North America and Europe. Hired is totally free for users and If you get a job you’ll get a $2,000 “thank you” bonus. If you use our special link to signup, then that bonus will double to $4,000 when you accept a job. If you’re not looking for a job but know someone who is, you can refer them to Hired and get a $1,337 bonus when they accept a job.
- Hello and welcome to Podcast.__init__, the podcast about Python and the people who make it great.
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn or RSS
- Follow us on Twitter or Google+
- Give us feedback! Leave a review on iTunes, Tweet to us, send us an email or leave us a message on Google+
- Join our community! Visit discourse.pythonpodcast.com for your opportunity to find out about upcoming guests, suggest questions, and propose show ideas.
- I would like to thank everyone who has donated to the show. Your contributions help us make the show sustainable. For details on how to support the show you can visit our site at pythonpodcast.com
- Linode is sponsoring us this week. Check them out at linode.com/podcastinit and get a $20 credit to try out their fast and reliable Linux virtual servers for your next project
- I would also like to thank Hired, a job marketplace for developers and designers, for sponsoring this episode of Podcast.__init__. Use the link hired.com/podcastinit to double your signing bonus.
- ODSC East in Boston is happening on May 21st – 22nd. Use the discount code EP for 20% off when you register
- Your host today is Tobias Macey
- Today I am interviewing Jacques de Hooge about his work on the Transcrypt Project
Interview with Jacques de Hooge
- How did you get introduced to Python? – Tobias
- What is Transcrypt and what inspired you to create it? – Tobias
- As you mention in the documentation, there are a number of projects that attempt to shoehorn Python into the browser. What makes Transcrypt different? – Tobias
- How is the transpilation performed and what are some of the methods that you used to get the build size as small as it is? – Tobias
- Is Transcrypt complete and stable enough to be used in production? – Tobias